A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 37 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values.The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with offices in Jackson, Savannah, Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking an experienced construction coordinator capable of working independently, and under the general direction of the Project & Department Managers. This candidate will be based in our Lakeland office . The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
The position entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Project Manager, will be involved in coordinating all aspects of the administration of select multi-discipline projects throughout the construction and closeout phases.
- Perform Quality Assurance and constructability reviews of plans and specifications at various points during the design phase.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings and bid openings as needed.
- Attend / conduct preconstruction conferences, prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
- Coordinate communication with Owners, Contractors, Governmental Oversight Personnel, the in-house design team, and outside consultants during the construction and closeout phases.
- Oversee the process for review of submittals, shop drawings, closeout documents, and other contract compliance paperwork.
- Attend / conduct construction progress meetings, perform on-site observations, prepare and distribute agendas, meeting minutes and reports.
- Coordinate responses to Contractor’s Requests for Information, preparation of Supplemental Instructions and Change Directives in a timely manner.
- Monitor construction schedules and budgets, and provide updates to Project Managers, Owners, Funding Agency personnel, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with the PM and in-house design team regarding construction progress, schedules, potential issues, etc.
- Review and evaluate Contractor’s Change Order Requests, prepare Change Order documentation, and coordinate approval and execution of Change Orders.
- Review and certify Contractors’ Applications for Payment.
- Coordinate and conduct punch list inspections and follow-up inspections.
- Assist Project Managers with client relations as related to construction contract administration.
- Participate in constant internal process improvement and implementation of procedures to provide the best possible service to internal and external clients.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred. Commensurate work experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with Architects, Engineers, and other Design Professionals, along with external clients, Contractors, Governmental Oversight Personnel, and others.
- At least four (4) years' experience in Construction Oversight / Construction Administration, or related field.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Have an understanding of technical aspects of building and/or site construction.
- Have demonstrated experience with client interaction and ability to work within a team.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability perform well with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to quickly assess and anticipate problems, and work with team is solving them.
- Demonstrated experience using construction administration software, be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications, shop drawings and construction codes.
- Ability to produce clear and detailed field reports.
The position comes with the following benefits:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere