A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 36 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 95 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values.The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with offices in Jackson, Savannah, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford Mississippi.A2H is currently seeking an experienced Project Coordinator, capable of working independently, and under the general direction of the Project & Department Managers.
This candidate will be based in our Lakeland office . The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
The position entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Managers preparing proposals, planning projects, and acting as a point of contact for projects during their absence.
- Prepare contracts as well as amendments to contractual agreements with clients and consultants under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Prepare Project Information files.
- Help ensure adherence to PM Procedures and Standards.
- Assist in scheduling internal and external meetings, prepare meeting agendas and any additional documents as required.
- Type/scan/mail/email/format project-related correspondence, transmittals, meeting minutes, reports, etc.
- Track project milestones and financial metrics.
- Assist with the creation of project schedules and updated schedule throughout the project and distribute information to the project team using established A2H communication tools.
- Maintain and track project action items by retaining a log and following up with the team.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and project team the preparation of documents for authorities having jurisdiction throughout the approval process.
- Upload Bid Documents to the A2H Plan Room and update as needed during the bidding phase.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and project team the preparation of Addenda and Clarifications and disperse to plan holders as required.
- Maintain current project files.
- Coordinate and prepare Owner-Contractor Agreement and Contract Manual.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and/or Construction Administrator in producing and responding to RFIS, ASIs, Change Orders, and pay requests, set up and maintain logs to track them.
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure execution and distribution to all applicable parties.
- Prepare project close out checklist for A2H and Contractor required documentation. Coordinate with Project Manager and/or Construction Coordinator to ensure the documents are obtained and submitted to the Owner correctly.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and be highly proficient especially in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of contracts and contract language; AIA/EJCDC knowledge and/or technical contract writing skills are a plus.
- Must have ability to complete assignments to meet deadlines.
- Writing skills – ability to compose correspondences and meeting notes.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Trustworthiness and loyalty, as this is a position requiring a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and clientele in both written and verbal form.
The position comes with the following benefits:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere