A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 36 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson, Savannah and Nashville, Tennessee, and Hernando and Oxford, Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Electrical Designer in our Lakeland ,TN office with strong design experience to serve as electrical designer on projects. This is a career growth opportunity for a designer who is looking to advance their level of responsibility. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- Perform routine aspects of electrical engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic electrical engineering principles without close supervision.
- Apply concepts such as the principals of electrical circuit laws, lighting concepts and knowledge of electrical equipment to practical situations.
- Researches, develops, and designs a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for healthcare, commercial and industrial projects
- The Designer is expected to learn and use drafting and design software including Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Visual and Easy Power as well as the Microsoft Office Suite. Designer is expected to conduct field work in remote locations with occasional overnight travel.
- Electrical systems will predominantly be for building projects, including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other signal systems.
- Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment, power, controls, communication systems, and computer networks to achieve the goal.
- The Designer will have the support of the Professional Engineers within the Electrical Department to gain the experience needed as an Engineering Intern on track to gain professional licensure.
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for healthcare, industrial and commercial applications.
- Preparation of detailed plans and specifications substantiated by calculations and thoughtfully developed engineering solutions, to meet customer needs and all regulatory requirements.
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering task.
- Proven leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the client.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 1-4 years’ experience in Electrical Design/Engineering.
- Completion of the FE Exam is preferred.
- Working towards becoming a Registered Engineer.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and work within a team.
- Demonstrated experience using Revit, CAD; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, practices and techniques.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere