A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 37 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 95 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with offices in Jackson, Savannah and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Structural Engineer
with strong design experience who is looking to join a growing company. This candidate can be based in our Franklin, TN office. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- Provide engineering design on structural engineering projects.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various structural engineering projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, reports, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
- Coordinate with the design team for incorporating design intent into the construction documentation and specifications.
- Work with design team and A2H project managers during construction to respond to questions, provide clarifications, visit the site, solve issues, and review submittals and shop drawings.
- Meet with clients, regulators, and agencies to develop strong professional relationships.
- Maintain project document files, including meeting notes, financial information, client correspondence and project schedule.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of technical documents through Quality Assurance reviews at different phases of project.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- The individual will participate in marketing and business development activities, including development of project proposals and providing technical expertise.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Registered Engineer; strongly prefer licensure in the state of Tennessee.
- Have the ability to obtain professional engineering registration in several states.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience as a structural engineer.
- Demonstrated experience using Revit Structure is essential. AutoCAD skills and experience are also essential.
- Knowledge of structural engineer principles, practices and techniques.
- A keen understanding of design and details required for constructability and in support of other building systems in various building material types.
- A complete understanding of integrated Construction Documents – how a complete set of drawings and specifications should communicate and quantify design intent.
- Seismic design experience is desired.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability is desired.
- LEED Accreditation is certainly a plus.
- Ability to use technology to work with others on the design team that may be located in other offices.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Proven team mentality and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere