A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 36 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with offices in Jackson, Savannah, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Civil Engineer in our Jackson, TN office with strong design and project management experience. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- Provide project management oversight and engineering design on civil engineering projects
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various civil engineering projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings
- Provide project team coordination for incorporating design intent in to the construction documentation, specifications, and during construction administration
- Meet with clients, regulators, and agencies to develop strong professional relationships
- Maintain project document files, including meeting notes, financial information, client correspondence and project schedule
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of technical documents through Quality Assurance reviews at different phases of project
- Proven leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- The individual will participate in marketing and business development activities, including development of project proposals and providing technical expertise
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Registered Engineer; strongly prefer licensure in the state of Tennessee
- Have the ability to obtain professional engineering registration in several states
- Minimum of five (5+) plus years experience as an civil engineer.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and ability to lead a team.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation ;Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of civil engineer principles, practices and techniques.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- Remote Work Capabilities
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere