A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm, strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 36 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with offices in Jackson, Savannah, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Civil Designer in our Jackson, TN office to serve as a civil designer on projects. This is a career growth opportunity for a designer who is looking to start and grow their career. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- Provide engineering design on infrastructure and site development projects.
- Assist with work on all phases of various infrastructure and site development projects including design development, preparation of drawings and specifications, and coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
- Provide team coordination for incorporating design intent into the construction documentation, specifications, and during construction administration
- Maintain project document files, including meeting notes, client correspondence, and project schedules
- Prepare and revise technical documents through Quality Assurance reviews at different phases of project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a curious nature are essential
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- College graduate with 2 to 4 years minimum experience in Civil Design/Engineering.
- Completion of the FE Exam is preferred.
- Working towards becoming a Registered Engineer.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and work within a team.
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and techniques.
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
Remote Work Capabilities
Paid Volunteer Time Off