A2H, an award-winning Engineering/Architecture/Planning firm strives to “Create an Enhanced Quality of Life for our Clients and Community” by providing design and consulting services for the built environment. For over 36 years, A2H has provided solutions to regional and national clients in Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Government, Industrial, Transportation, Land Planning, and Utilities. With over 90 professionals including licensed engineers, architects, planners, landscape architects and surveyors, our strength is our people and our values. The firm is based in Lakeland, Tennessee, with branch offices in Jackson, Savannah, Knoxville and Nashville, Tennessee, and Oxford, Mississippi. A2H is currently seeking a Construction Engineering Inspector in our Lakeland, TN office.
The Construction Engineering & Inspection Department (CEI) is seeking an experienced roadway, bridge, and civil site inspector, capable of working independently, and under the general direction of the Project & Department Managers.
- Will perform field inspections, write field reports, coordinate construction materials testing, and assist Project Manager’s in producing change orders and pay requests.
- Track and report installed quantities of pay items for Monthly Progress Payments.
- Engage in self-education and training in order to keep up with current TDOT and local municipality standards and specifications.
- Perform Traffic Control, Erosion Control, and Guardrail inspections.
- Maintain active communication with the Owner/TDOT’s oversight personnel.
- Obtain and maintain TDOT Inspector certifications.
- Consult with supervisor to discuss project details, such as plan review, acceptance testing requirements, and evaluation of existing field conditions.
The successful candidate shall possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred but not required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with Engineers , along with external clients
- At least four (4) years' experience in Construction/ Construction Engineering Inspection field (CEI)
- Ability to interact professionally and comfortably and build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated experience with client interaction and work within a team
- Demonstrated experience using construction administration software; Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and construction plans
- Ability to produce clear and detailed field reports
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flextime Scheduling
- PTO hours (Personal Time Off)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Family oriented atmosphere